Balasubramaniam’s Statutory Declararion In Full

I, Balasubramaniam a/l Perumal … do solemly
and sincerely declare as follows:

1. I have been a police officer with the
Royal Malaysian Police Force, having joined
as a constable in 1981 attached to the police
field force. I was then promoted to the rank
of lance corporal and finally resigned from
the police force in 1998 when I was with the
Special Branch.

2. I have been working as a freelance private
investigator since I left the police force.

3. Sometime in June or July 2006, I was
employed by Abdul Razak Baginda for a period
of 10 days to look after him at his office at
the Bangunan Getah Asli, Jalan Ampang between
the hours of 8am to 5pm each working day as
apparently he was experiencing disturbances
from a third party.

4. I resigned from this job after 2½ days as
I was not receiving any proper instructions.

5. I was however re-employed by Abdul Razak
Baginda on the Oct 5, 2006 as he had
apparently received a harassing phone call
from a Chinese man calling himself ASP Tan
who had threatened him to pay his debts. I
later found out this gentleman was in fact a
private investigator called Ang who was
employed by a Mongolian woman called
Altantuya Shaaribuu.

6. Abdul Razak Baginda was concerned that a
person by the name of Altantuya Shaaribuu, a
Mongolian woman, was behind this threat and
that she would be arriving in Malaysia very
soon to try and contact him.

7. Abdul Razak Baginda informed me that he
was concerned by this as he had been advised
that Altantuya Shaaribuu had been given some
powers by a Mongolian ‘bomoh’ and that he
could never look her in the face because of

8. When I enquired as to who this Mongolian
woman was, Abdul Razak Baginda informed me
that she was a friend of his who had been
introduced to him by a VIP and who asked him
to look after her financially.

9. I advised him to lodge a police report
concerning the threatening phone call he had
received from the Chinese man known as ASP
Tan but he refused to do so as he informed me
there were some high-profile people involved.

10. Abdul Razak Baginda further told me that
Altantuya Shaaribuu was a great liar and good
in convincing people. She was supposed to
have been very demanding financially and that
he had even financed a property for her in

11. Abdul Razak Baginda then let me listen to
some voice messages on his handphone asking
him to pay what was due otherwise he would be
harmed and his daughter harassed.

12. I was therefore supposed to protect his
daughter Rowena as well.

13. On Oct 9, 2006 I received a phone call
from Abdul Razak Baginda at about 9.30am
informing me that Altantuya was in his office
and he wanted me there immediately. As I was
in the midst of a surveillance, I sent my
assistant Suras to Abdul Razak Baginda’s
office and I followed a little later. Suras
managed to control the situation and had
persuaded Altantuya and her two friends to
leave the premises. However Altantuya left a
note written on some Hotel Malaya notepaper,
in English, asking Abdul Razak Baginda to
call her on her handphone (number given) and
wrote down her room number as well.

14. Altantuya had introduced herself to Suras
as ‘Aminah’ and had informed Suras she was
there to see her boyfriend Abdul Razak

15. These three Mongolian girls however
returned to Abdul Razak Baginda’s office at
the Bangunan Getah Asli, Jalan Ampang again,
the next day at about 12 noon. They did not
enter the building but again informed Suras
that they wanted to meet Aminah’s boyfriend,
Abdul Razak Baginda.

16. On Oct 11, 2006, Aminah returned to Abdul
Razak Baginda’s office on her own and gave me
a note to pass to him, which I did. Abdul
Razak Baginda showed me the note which
basically asked him to call her urgently.

17. I suggested to Abdul Razak Baginda that
perhaps it may be wise to arrange for Aminah
to be arrested if she harassed him further,
but he declined as he felt she would have to
return to Mongolia as soon as her cash ran

18. In the meantime, I had arranged for Suras
to perform surveillance on Hotel Malaya to
monitor the movements of these three
Mongolian girls, but they recognised him.
Apparently they become friends with Suras
after that and he ended up spending a few
nights in their hotel room.

19. When Abdul Razak Baginda discovered Suras
was becoming close to Aminah he asked me to
pull him out from Hotel Malaya.

20. On the Oct 14, 2006, Aminah turned up at
Abdul Razak Baginda’s house in Damansara
Heights when I was not there. Abdul Razak
Baginda called me on my handphone to inform
me of this so I rushed back to his house. As
I arrived, I noticed Aminah outside the front
gates shouting “Razak, bastard, come out from
the house”. I tried to calm her down but
couldn’t, so I called the police who arrived
in two patrol cars. I explained the situation
to the police, who took her away to the
Brickfields police station.

21. I followed the patrol cars to Brickfields
police station in a taxi. I called Abdul
Razak Baginda and his lawyer Dirren to lodge
a police report but they refused.

22. When I was at the Brickfields police
station, Aminah’s own private investigator,
one Mr Ang arrived and we had a discussion. I
was told to deliver a demand to Abdul Razak
Baginda for US$500,000 and three tickets to
Mongolia, apparently as commission owed to
Aminah from a deal in Paris.

23. As Aminah had calmed down at this stage,
a policewoman at the Brickfields police
station advised me to leave and settle the
matter amicably.

24. I duly informed Abdul Razak Baginda of
the demands Aminah had made and told him I
was disappointed that no one wanted to back
me up in lodging a police report. We had a
long discussion about the situation when I
expressed a desire to pull out of this

25. During this discussion and in an attempt
to persuade me to continue my employment with
him, Abdul Razak Baginda informed me that:

1) He had been introduced to Aminah by Najib
Razak at a diamond exhibition in Singapore.

2) Najib Razak informed Abdul Razak Baginda
that he had a sexual relationship with Aminah
and that she was susceptible to anal

3) Najib Razak wanted Abdul Razak Baginda to
look after Aminah as he did not want her to
harass him since he was now the deputy prime

4) Najib Razak, Abdul Razak Baginda and
Aminah had all been together at a dinner in

5) Aminah wanted money from him as she felt
she was entitled to a US$500,000 commission
on a submarine deal she assisted with in

26. On Oct 19, 2006, I arrived at Abdul Razak
Baginda’s house in Damansara Heights to begin
my night duty. I had parked my car outside as
usual. I saw a yellow Proton Perdana taxi
pass by with three ladies inside, one of whom
was Aminah. The taxi did a U-turn and stopped
in front of the house where these ladies
rolled down the window and wished me ‘Happy
Deepavali’. The taxi then left.

27. About 20 minutes later the taxi returned
with only Aminah in it. She got out of the
taxi and walked towards me and started
talking to me. I sent an SMS to Abdul Razak
Baginda informing him “Aminah was here”.  I
received an SMS from Razak instructing me “to
delay her until my man comes”.

28. Whist I was talking to Aminah, she
informed me of the following:

1) That she met Abdul Razak Baginda in
Singapore with Najib Razak.
2) That she had also met Abdul Razak Baginda
and Najib Razak at a dinner in Paris.

3) That she was promised a sum of
US$500,000.00 as commission for assisting in
a submarine deal in Paris.

4) That Abdul Razak Baginda had bought her a
house in Mongolia but her brother had
refinanced it and she needed money to redeem

5) That her mother was ill and she needed
money to pay for her treatment.

6) That Abdul Razak Baginda had married her
in Korea as her mother is Korean whilst her
father was a Mongolian/Chinese mix.

7) That if I wouldn’t allow her to see Abdul
Razak Baginda, would I be able to arrange for
her to see Najib Razak.

29. After talking to Aminah for about 15
minutes, a red Proton Aeroback arrived with a
woman and two men. I now know the woman to be
lance corporal Rohaniza and the men, Azilah
Hadri and Sirul Azahar. They were all in
plainclothes. Azilah walked towards me while
the other two stayed in the car.

30. Azilah asked me whether the woman was
Aminah and I said “Yes”. He then walked off
and made a few calls on his handphone. After
10 minutes another vehicle, a blue Proton
Saga, driven by a Malay man, passed by
slowly. The drivers window had been wound
down and the driver was looking at us.

31. Azilah then informed me they would be
taking Aminah away. I informed Aminah they
were arresting her. The other two persons
then got out of the red Proton and exchanged
seats so that lance corporal Rohaniza and
Aminah were in the back while the two men
were in the front. They drove off and that is
the last I ever saw of Aminah.

32. Abdul Razak Baginda was not at home when
all this occurred.

33. After Oct 19, 2006, I continued to work
for Abdul Razak Baginda at his house in
Damansara Heights from 7pm to 8am the next
morning, as he had been receiving threatening
text messages from a woman called ‘Amy’ who
was apparently ‘Aminah’s’ cousin in Mongolia.

34. On the night of Oct 20, 2006, both of
Aminah’s girlfriends turned up at Abdul Razak
Baginda’s house enquiring where Aminah was. I
informed them she had been arrested the night

35. A couple of nights later, these two
Mongolian girls, Mr Ang and another Mongolian
girl called ‘Amy’ turned up at Abdul Razak
Baginda’s house looking for Aminah as they
appeared to be convinced she was being held
in the house.

36. A commotion began so I called the police
who arrived shortly thereafter in a patrol
car.  Another patrol car arrived a short
while later in which was the investigating
officer from the Dang Wangi police station
who was in charge of the missing persons
report lodged by one of the Mongolians girls,
I believe was Amy.

37. I called Abdul Razak Baginda who was at
home to inform him of the events taking place
at his front gate. He then called DSP Musa
Safri and called me back informing me that
Musa Safri would be calling handphone and I
was to pass the phone to the inspector from
Dang Wangi police station.

38. I then received a call on my handphone
from Musa Safri and duly handed the phone to
the Dang Wangi inspector. The conversation
lasted 3-4 minutes after which he told the
girls to disperse and to go to see him the
next day.

39. On or about Oct 24, 2006, Abdul Razak
Baginda instructed me to accompany him to the
Brickfields police station as he had been
advised to lodge a police report about the
harassment he was receiving from these
Mongolian girls.

40. Before this, Amy had sent me an SMS
informing me she was going to Thailand to
lodge a report with the Mongolian consulate
there regarding Aminah’s disappearance.
Apparently she had sent the same SMS to Abdul
Razak Baginda. This is why he told me he had
been advised to lodge a police report.

41. Abdul Razak Baginda informed me that DPS
Musa Safri had introduced him to one DSP
Idris, the head of the criminal division,
Brickfields police station, and that Idris
had referred him to ASP Tonny.

42. When Abdul Razak Baginda had lodged his
police report at Brickfields police station,
in front of ASP Tonny, he was asked to make a
statement but he refused as he said he was
leaving for overseas. He did however promise
to prepare a statement and hand ASP Tonny a
thumbdrive. I know that this was not done as
ASP Tonny told me.

43. However ASP Tonny asked me the next day
to provide my statement instead and so I did.

44. I stopped working for Abdul Razak Baginda
on Oct 26, 2006 as this was the day he left
for Hong Kong on his own.

45. In mid-November 2006, I received a phone
call from ASP Tonny from the IPK Jalan Hang
Tuah asking me to see him regarding Aminah’s
case. When I arrived there I was immediately
arrested under Section 506 of the Penal Code
for criminal intimidation.

46. I was then placed in the lock up and
remanded for five days. On the third day, I
was released on police bail.

47. At the end of November 2006, the D9
department of the IPK sent a detective to my
house to escort me to the IPK Jalan Hang
Tuah. When I arrived, I was told I was being
arrested under Section 302 of the Penal Code
for murder. I was put in the lock up and
remanded for seven days.

48. I was transported to Bukit Aman where I
was interrogated and questioned about an SMS
I had received from Abdul Razak Baginda on
Oct 19, 2006 which read “delay her until my
man arrives”. They had apparently retrieved
this message from Abdul Razak Baginda’s

49. They then proceeded to record my
statement from 8.30 am to 6pm everyday for
seven consecutive days. I told them all I
knew including everything Abdul Razak Baginda
and Aminah had told me about their
relationships with Najib Razak but when I
came to sign my statement, these details had
been left out.

50. I have given evidence in the trial of
Azilah, Sirul and Abdul Razak Baginda at the
Shah Alam High Court. The prosecutor did not
ask me any questions in respect of Aminah’s
relationship with Najib Razak or of the phone
call I received from DSP Musa Safri, whom I
believe was the ADC for Najib Razak and/or
his wife.

51. On the day Abdul Razak Baginda was
arrested, I was with him at his lawyers
office at 6.30am. Abdul Razak Baginda
informed us that he had sent Najib Razak an
SMS the evening before as he refused to
believe he was to be arrested, but had not
received a response.

Tinggalkan Jawapan

Masukkan butiran anda dibawah atau klik ikon untuk log masuk akaun: Logo

Anda sedang menulis komen melalui akaun anda. Log Out / Tukar )

Twitter picture

Anda sedang menulis komen melalui akaun Twitter anda. Log Out / Tukar )

Facebook photo

Anda sedang menulis komen melalui akaun Facebook anda. Log Out / Tukar )

Google+ photo

Anda sedang menulis komen melalui akaun Google+ anda. Log Out / Tukar )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: